Tennyson’s First Friday Art walk is almost here and this month there are tons of exciting events!
- Smiley Branch Library Celebrating 100 years! Tennyson’s Smiley Branch Library is celebrating their 100 year anniversary and, they will be hosting super fun First Friday events all summer! They will kick off their celebration this Friday, May 4th from 6-8 pm with free music by the Pink Hawks, local art, and other fun activities! Don’t miss it!
- Whit’s Frozen Custard & BookBar Storytime - This is an extra special Friday storytime featuring Whit’s Frozen Custard. Storytime will begin at 10:30am at the BookBar, followed by a fun little walk down the street to get some delicious frozen custard at Whit’s! As always, 1/2 off coffee specials at BookBar start at 10:00 AM for participating parents.
- First Friday Films at Feral Mountain Co - This is the first film in the summer First Friday Film series. The feature film will be Small Walls, a climbing film that "documents the small, but passionate, crews making it happen in North Dakota, Missouri, and Michigan." This free film starts at sunset on the Feral lawn. Make sure to BYOB and lawn chairs! There will be lots of great giveaways for attendees!
- First Friday Tennyson Street Photography Walk- Hosted by XO Gift Co, the Historic Elitch Theatre, and The Colorado Photography Learning Group. Participants will take a stroll down Tennyson Street and explore the beauty and culture that the street has to offer by taking photographs along the way. The tour ends at the iconic 127 year old Historic Elitch Theatre. The best photographs will be displayed in a Photo Exhibit at XO Gift Co. for the month of June with an opening reception on the June 1st First Friday. This event goes from 7-9pm and is free for all ages!
- Open Mic Night at the BookBar- Bring your stories! Bring your feelings! Come for the second official BookBar open mic night! Sign-up starts at 4:30 pm and readings start at 5:00 pm. The open mic is led by artist in residence, Sarah Dealy. Participants get 1/2 off beer and wine and the audience gets happy hour pricing! Come help make this a night to remember!
- Rob and the Mountain City Rebels at Berkeley Untapped - Head on up to Berkeley Untapped and grab one of Berkeley's fine tap beers, cocktails, or Kombucha's and listen to live tunes by Rob and the Mountain City Rebels jammin' on the street bringing good vibes and love!
Make sure to keep checking the Shop Tennyson website for the latest and greatest happenings!